Building for Our Future: TBI Endowment Campaign
Temple B’nai Israel has been the home for Reform Judaism for greater Kalamazoo for more than 150 years.
And we are a strong and thriving congregation, running counter to national trends.
Our rich history has been marked by outstanding community leadership, strong support from our vibrant congregation, and a shared commitment to make a lasting difference in our community.
As we looked back on our achievements of the past 150 years, we also look ahead to our shared future.
We recognize that to maintain outstanding rabbinical leadership, foster innovative educational and social justice programming, and provide audacious hospitality, we must strengthen our resources – both for today and for the next 150 years.
Our Building for our Future campaign goal is $1,800,000, and we hope you consider making a gift to secure and strengthen Temple B’nai Israel’s future.
Our congregation fosters a community that provides engaging learning experiences for all ages, that embraces interfaith families and informs our members about Jewish perspectives on social issues.
We strive to create a love of learning and to spark a passion for social justice.
A strong endowment will provide more opportunities to enhance learning and foster dynamic experiences for all of our members, building Jewish community both inside our walls and throughout the region.
You can support this effort in a variety of ways including current and planned gifts.
Current Gifts include the following:
- Cash: A donor may support the campaign with a gift or pledge of cash; pledges are payable over a period of up to five years.
- Gifts of Securities: Giving publicly traded appreciated securities offer donors tax advantages. Not only can the donor deduct the full fair market value of the security; the donor can also avoid capital gains tax on the application appreciation.
Planned Gifts include the following:
- Bequests: A donor may name TBI as a beneficiary of his or her will, either with a designated amount, a percentage, or as a recipient of funds after other beneficiaries have received their bequests. (Horizon Circle)
- Gifts of Life Insurance: Donors may support TBI through a gift of life insurance. They may either purchase a policy or give a policy they already own. If a donor makes TBI the owner and beneficiary of the policy, the gift is tax-deductible.
- Gifts from Retirement Plans: Donors of any age can make a deferred gift of an IRA or
other retirement accounts by naming TBI as a beneficiary of the account at their death.
Charitable Trusts: A variety of trust arrangements are available that offer income and/or estate tax benefits to the donor.
The TBI Endowment Fund will be held and managed by Fidelity Investments.
The Board has selected and will monitor, at an appropriate level, the investment managers.
To speak with one of our Building for our Future leaders,
please call (269) 342-9170